Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/10 01:41:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] about integration test

currently we embed integration test with PR CI

but:
1.we will add more and more integration test case
2.test time will be more and more longer
3.integration test should include work with multiple SC versions
4.......

so, maybe it's better that make integration test to be a independent
project, and run it once a day at least

some other idea of integration test:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCB-719

what's your suggestion?

Re: [DISCUSS] about integration test

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
we can try to move CI to huawei cloud, that must faster than Travis
if fast enough, then no need to make integration test independent

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
yes

回复: [DISCUSS] about integration test

Posted by Sure <su...@qq.com>.
Agree!

1. Just like willem.jiang said, we can push multiple SC versions to docker hub
2. Chassis integration test can run with different SC version in every time

Current ServiceComb CI just leverage service of Travis[1] which has a very
good integration with Github.

Current we don't test the multiple SC at same time, but I think with the
help of docker, it could easy for us to run the examples against multiple
version of SC.
From the proposal, we need multiple node to handle the test, it could be a

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Current ServiceComb CI just leverage service of Travis[1] which has a very
good integration with Github.

Current we don't test the multiple SC at same time, but I think with the
help of docker, it could easy for us to run the examples against multiple
version of SC.
From the proposal, we need multiple node to handle the test, it could be a

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.
ServiceComb is an open source project that has been adopted for a variety
of commercial scenarios. As wrote in the report, at least more than 10
users have used ServiceComb for commercial use.

Therefore, our integration testing will be more and more comprehensive and
huge,  it is a good idea to resolve this problem, but directly separating
the inheritance test to the independent project will cause some problems:

1. This is contrary to the ordinary practice of open source projects,
causing the unconsistent experience for our developers.
2. When the developers commmit, they will need to commit to both projects,
which will affect the uniform traceability of the test code and function
code.
3. The results of the integration test will lag, which will have an impact
on the community's timely feedback when submitting the function code.

So my suggestion is whether it can be compromised:
Select out the time-consuming parts of the integration test and then reduce
the run cycle, but don't strip it into separate branches.

Any other thoughts?

Best Regards,
---
Zen Lin
zenlintechnofreak@gmail.com
Focused on Micro Service and Apache ServiceComb

wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com> 于2018年7月10日周二 上午9:41写道: