Posted to user@usergrid.apache.org by Prasad Vishnubhotla <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2014/05/11 07:44:46 UTC

Cannot login to Apache Usergrid deployed on Tomcat7

I downloaded and built Apache Usergrid on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and deployed the ROOT.war on my local tomcat7 server as per
instructions given at https://usergrid.incubator.apache.org/docs/deploy-local/. I copied usergrid-deployment.properties file to CATALINA_HOME/lib, restarted Tomcat server and am trying to test it using http://localhost:8080/system/database/setup as per the instructions.
I get a login screen that has the following text at the top: [ A username and password are being requested by "http://localhost:8080". The site says: "Usergrid Authentication". ]. I try to login with the
superuser id/pw as given in the usergrid-deployment.properties file but
it does not recognize the id/pw and keeping throwing the same login
screen. Did anyone encounter this problem? What am I missing? Do I need
to add the superuser id/pw info to tomcat-users.xml? The instructions
didn't ask for this. Even if I add what "role" would I use? Any help
appreciated. BTW my Cassandra deployment works fine independent of
Tomcat & Usergrid.

Reply, Reply All or Forward |  Yahoo - login

 Yahoo - login
Forgot password or username? Create Account OR SIGN IN WITH Facebook Google View desktop version
View on us-mg4.mail.yahoo.com Preview by Yahoo