Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com> on 2017/12/01 22:40:20 UTC

release 0.11.0 blocker: make check fails for c_glib @ Ubuntu

Hi,

I get an annoying error while running “make check”:

----------------------- snip -----------------------------------
/testtransportsslsocket/OpenAndCloseNonSSLServer:
(./testtransportsslsocket:6575): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from 'ThriftSocket' to 'ThriftSSLSocket'
**
ERROR:testtransportsslsocket.c:143:test_ssl_open_and_close_non_ssl_server: assertion failed (error->message == "Error while connect/bind: 68 -> Connection reset by peer"): ("Error while connect/bind: 0 -> Success" == "Error while connect/bind: 68 -> Connection reset by peer")
/bin/bash: Zeile 5:  6574 Aborted             ${dir}$tst
FAIL: testtransportsslsocket

I mean, if we go after the name of the test it is probably meant to fail, but shouldn’t the test be successful then?

Any idea what we do with that? It’s the only failure in the c_glib code, but very persistent. Please advise, patches welcome.

Have fun,
JensG

release 0.11.0 make check fails for c_glib @ Ubuntu

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
No idea how that happens, but the assertion error is gone. It was perfectly
reproducible yesterday but now it works. Mmmh.