Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Beatriz Viñal Murciano <cb...@qmul.ac.uk> on 2009/10/15 16:23:15 UTC

Qpid (Java broker and client)

Hello

I have been using Qpid, running the Java broker and trying to develop a
little client example. I am running it in Linux.

I have a question about configuring virtual hosts with virtualhosts.xml.

In the virtualhosts.xml provided as an example with Qpid I can see how the
topic exchange "test.topic" is defined:

<exchange>
    <type>topic</type>
    <name>test.topic</name>
</exchange>

But then if I run Jconsole (with this command: "jconsole
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=test-profiles/test_resources/ssl/certstore.jks
-J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password") and I connect to
"localhost:8999" with username and password "guest", I can see the MBeans
and the exchange "test.topic" appears with type "direct", as you can see
in the attached file.

So... am I doing something wrong? How do I declare a topic exchange other
than "amq.topic" (in virtualhosts.xml, not dynamically)?

And another doubt I have is if I can (or should) use the class
org.apache.qpid.client.TopicSubscriberAdaptor instead of TopicSubscriber.
Now I can't use it because it is not "public".

Thank you very much!!

Regards,

Beatriz Viñal Murciano

Re: Qpid (Java broker and client)

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2009/10/15 Beatriz Viñal Murciano <cb...@qmul.ac.uk>:
> Hello
>
> I have been using Qpid, running the Java broker and trying to develop a
> little client example. I am running it in Linux.
>
> I have a question about configuring virtual hosts with virtualhosts.xml.
>
> In the virtualhosts.xml provided as an example with Qpid I can see how the
> topic exchange "test.topic" is defined:
>
> <exchange>
>    <type>topic</type>
>    <name>test.topic</name>
> </exchange>
>
> But then if I run Jconsole (with this command: "jconsole
> -J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=test-profiles/test_resources/ssl/certstore.jks
> -J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password") and I connect to
> "localhost:8999" with username and password "guest", I can see the MBeans
> and the exchange "test.topic" appears with type "direct", as you can see
> in the attached file.
>
> So... am I doing something wrong? How do I declare a topic exchange other
> than "amq.topic" (in virtualhosts.xml, not dynamically)?

Topics are only created dynamically there is no ability to preclare
them. When a consumer starts consuming from a topic a producer can
send it messages.

If the producer sends messages before the consumer is created then the
message should be dropped.

> And another doubt I have is if I can (or should) use the class
> org.apache.qpid.client.TopicSubscriberAdaptor instead of TopicSubscriber.
> Now I can't use it because it is not "public".

You should stick to the JMS API, what is it on the Adapter that isn't
in the JMS API that you want to use?

> Thank you very much!!
>
> Regards,
>
> Beatriz Viñal Murciano