Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu> on 2004/06/21 21:55:44 UTC

Re: Design question ..

Have you thought about doing something like a soft reservation?  As the
person adds courses to their shopping cart, the available space is
decremented.  If the transaction isn't finalized either because of an
error or timeout, just release the seat for someone else.  When they do
finalize the transaction, make the reservation a hard, permanent one.

Just a thought.

--David