Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com> on 2020/06/01 19:06:41 UTC

latest release on Github

Hi,
Trying out the new Github layout (feature preview) I've noticed that the
latest release is featured more prominently and is at v2.16.0 for some
reason. https://github.com/apache/beam/releases/tag/v2.16.0

Any idea how to fix this, and what instructions should be added to the
release guide?

Re: latest release on Github

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.
Thanks Nathan and Kyle!

Re: latest release on Github

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.

Re: latest release on Github

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.

Re: latest release on Github

Posted by Nathan Fisher <nf...@junctionbox.ca>.
Hi Udi,

Tags were pushed which basically creates a placeholder for a release. In
order to make a tag an official release someone with admin rights needs to
edit the tag via the UI (or API) and publish additional information about
the release. Common to attach release notes and relevant files. An example
release edit is below:

[image: image.png]