Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Michel Pelland <mi...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/07 13:16:02 UTC

Problems saving

I always receive a ''general input/output error while accessing'' my file.
I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???

I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again: I was able
to save once and then the same problem.

What can I do?

Thanks

Michel Pelland

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Robin Lord <ro...@fastmail.fm>.
Try chkdsk from a dos prompt, sounds like it may be a hardware problem

--
Best Regards

Robin

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Tony Santana <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Michel Pelland <mi...@gmail.com>.
It worked. Thanks

Michel Pelland

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 13:23:55 +0100

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

you wrote to user support the email the dev uses: dev@openoffice.apache.org

> Check the OpenOffice site and click on Support, there you find how you
> can report a bug.

The Bugzilla account creation is locked due to regular SPAM attempts.

Request an account on the dev mailing list (see top), providing a
preferred user name. (address see above.)

Also we need a file in order to reproduce the issue. If we are not able
to reproduce we will not follow up the issue.

I do recommend to look into the Microsoft defender solution first. The
more facts you have that you can say, the more likely it is one will
look into the case.

The Information I have read so far are not sufficient from my point of view.

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com.INVALID>.

Re: Problems saving

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@groenescheij.com.INVALID>.