Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2016/08/30 13:34:37 UTC

httpd track in Seville

As you know, the CFP for ApacheCon closes in less than 2 weeks. It would
be awesome if we could pull together an httpd track, highlighting that
httpd is still the flagship of the ASF, and is still exciting, relevant,
and alive. The last few ApacheCons, we haven't managed to muster a
track, or even a half day.

To this end, we've started to put together a proposed list of talks that
we'd like to see people submit, in the hopes that we end up with 2 days
- a user track, and a developer track - of httpd content.

https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/httpd-apachecon-seville

Please claim (and submit!) talks that appear on this list, and suggest
others that we haven't thought of. Also, please plan to attend. The
venue is beautiful and cheap, and it would be awesome to have a bunch of
us there to do an old-school squash-the-bugs write-the-code
meet-the-devs hackathon.

(Disclaimer: talks put on this etherpad are not automatically accepted.
There's still the actual talk selection process, which is done by
committee, and is subject to what other stuff is submitted to the event,
and available space.)

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Last chance. CFP closes tonight.

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> To this end, we've started to put together a proposed list of talks that
> we'd like to see people submit, in the hopes that we end up with 2 days
> - a user track, and a developer track - of httpd content.
>
> https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/httpd-apachecon-seville

Submitted one that fits your plan, and another for the 'developer' track
that has turned out to be of great interest to my customers.

Thanks for organizing, it seems that 2 days of related programming
should be relatively easy to assemble.

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 09/12/2016 04:26 PM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Seville. If I can
> help in regard to presenting what is new in Apache HTTP/2 by
> answering questions or creating slides, pls let me know.

Sure I will... Basically I need to add what is new since last time I
presented the topic (AKA in Vancover in May).

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Sep 12, 2016 7:28 AM, "jean-frederic clere" <jf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/30/2016 03:34 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > As you know, the CFP for ApacheCon closes in less than 2 weeks. It would
> > be awesome if we could pull together an httpd track, highlighting that
> > httpd is still the flagship of the ASF, and is still exciting, relevant,
> > and alive. The last few ApacheCons, we haven't managed to muster a
> > track, or even a half day.
>
> my classical talk: "HTTP/2 and SSL/TLS state of art in our servers"
> could also ajusted to cover more httpd if not used somewhere else.

That would fit nicely and cover 2 holes in one session, unless we wanted to
dedicate more time to one or both.

Re: httpd track in Seville

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.