Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2012/11/28 16:23:26 UTC

Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Hi Packagers/Maintainers,

Thanks for the efforts you put into wrapping CouchDB! We'd like to
sort out any packaging or distribution issues early in our 1.3.0
release cycle. Those of you whom I know of, or are interested, I've
BCCd.

Could you either reply back to the list (or directly to me if you
prefer) so we have a direct contact for you during this release

- are you happy to be added to the wiki as a maintainer?
- alternatively, a link to bugtracker (or where we can identify the
maintainer) would be fine
- is the link below correct for your platform?

If you have any issues with 1.3.x please get them into JIRA so we can
track them.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/couchdb (or quantal..)
http://packages.debian.org/sid/couchdb (or squeeze/wheezy..) or
http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/couchdb.html
http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=databases&portname=couchdb
http://mirror.karneval.cz/pub/linux/fedora/epel/6/i386/repoview/couchdb.html
http://openports.se/databases/apache-couchdb
https://github.com/cloudnode/couchdbx-app
http://packages.gentoo.org/package/dev-db/couchdb
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/development/couchdb/

AFAICT These distros are missing packages - feel free to pick them up!
ArchLinux
NetBSD
OpenSolaris & friends

A+
Dave

Re: Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Posted by Hans J Schroeder <hs...@cloudno.de>.
Great news. The last test build I did went ok.

- Hans

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Hans,

--
NS

Re: Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Posted by Hans J Schroeder <hs...@cloudno.de>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
I’m game.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Great!

--
NS

Re: Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Posted by Hans J Schroeder <hs...@cloudno.de>.
On Thursday, December 6, 2012, Noah Slater wrote:

> Hans, cool.
>
> I've spoken with infra, and what I propose is that once I call the VOTE,
> you point Jan to the source for your package. Jan and build it, and then
> upload it to our packages dist dir. [1] (Does this sound sensible? I only
> propose that Jan build it because he is the guy uploading it. But whatever
> Jan is comfortable putting his name on is okay with me.)

That's fine with me.  At least it's all based on Jan's work.

> Post 1.3, would you like to submit a few patches to us to get this work
> included into our official repository? If you did, we could grant you
> committer rights, and you will be able to do this yourself for the next
> release.

That sound like a plan. I'm in.

- Hans

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Hans, cool.

--
NS

Re: Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Dec 3, 2012, at 10:59 , Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Can you clarify?
>
> COUCHDB-1458. Then, similar things for yajl, and preferably also for
> the Erlang dependencies (ejson, mochiweb, ibrowse), making sure that
> there are upstream versions that work with CouchDB.
>
> But AIUI this is part of Benoit's build system overhaul plan for 1.4.

Yes, we are slowly working towards something like this :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gentoo.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 28 November 2012 15:38, Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> It would be really nice if some effort was spent on making it easier
> to use system versions of dependencies, but I believe that is targeted
> for the near future?

Can you clarify?

--
NS

Re: Packagers, Maintainers & 1.3.0 release

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gentoo.org>.
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> wrote:
> - are you happy to be added to the wiki as a maintainer?

Yes, for Gentoo.

> - alternatively, a link to bugtracker (or where we can identify the
> maintainer) would be fine
> - is the link below correct for your platform?
> http://packages.gentoo.org/package/dev-db/couchdb

Yes.

I haven't tested with 1.3 yet -- I generally do so when there's a tarball.

It would be really nice if some effort was spent on making it easier
to use system versions of dependencies, but I believe that is targeted
for the near future?

</packagers-hat>

Cheers,

Dirkjan