Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/23 19:17:24 UTC

release plugin versus dependency plugin

Under a single aggregate project, I have two projects.

Project 1 builds an extra artifact with a classifier.

Project 2 uses dependency:unpack to unpack it for inclusion in a, yes,
larger artifact.

All's well until I try to run the release:prepare goal, at which
point, the first artifact is missing when the second project asks for
it.

any ideas? Why is the :prepare run different?

[INFO] Embedded error: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
[INFO]
[INFO] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[INFO]
[INFO] Then, install it using the command:
[INFO]     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.basistech.jug
-DartifactId=rlp-gate-plugin -Dversion=8 -Dclassifier=gate-plugin
-Dpackaging=zip -Dfile=/path/to/file
[INFO]
[INFO] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy
the file there:
[INFO]     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.basistech.jug
-DartifactId=rlp-gate-plugin -Dversion=8 -Dclassifier=gate-plugin
-Dpackaging=zip -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO]   com.basistech.jug:rlp-gate-plugin:zip:8

Re: release plugin versus dependency plugin

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Reactor builds actually works in M3, so I'm not surprised.

/Anders (mobile)
Den 26 dec 2010 15.39 skrev "Benson Margulies" <bi...@gmail.com>:
> The interesting thing is that M3 gets this right.
>
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>> The normal preparation goals for release:prepare stop short of "install"
- they
>> are: clean verify.  Verify is one before install.  You can find this
information
>> out by looking in the maven-release-plugin source, in the class
PrepareReleaseMojo.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#preparationGoals

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.