Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Laddie Dosedel <fa...@hickorytech.net> on 2015/04/09 04:35:09 UTC

Printing address on various size envelopes

In your Open Office I can not figure out how to find the setting or click on the item that would bring up different size envelopes to address. Please advise me how to do this step-by-step.  Thanks You!  Laddie

Re: Printing address on various size envelopes

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Laddie Dosedel <fa...@hickorytech.net>
wrote:

> In your Open Office I can not figure out how to find the setting or click
> on the item that would bring up different size envelopes to address. Please
> advise me how to do this step-by-step.  Thanks You!  Laddie

Laddie - in OpenOffice v 4 do the following...
1. select "Insert | Envelope..." from the menu

The dialog that opens has three tabs, Envelope, Format, and Printer

2. if not already selected, select the printer tab
3. set the "Envelope orientation" on this tab to match your printer
4. click the "Setup..." button in the "Current Printer" section
5. make certain the current printer you're using is selected in the "Name"
list
6. click the "Properties" button
7. on the "Paper" tab select the envelope size from the "Paper size" list
8. click OK
9. click OK again
(these settings will be saved for this printer so it won't be necessary to
do this again for this printer)

10. select the Format tab
11. in the "Size" area at the bottom of the dialog pick from the list the
format that matches your envelope
12. click the "New Doc." button
13. complete the return address and address by clicking in the text boxes
for each area
14. print as you would any other document

NOTE: after steps 1 - 14 are done the first time this will be a 4 step
process. Repeat (steps 1 and 12 - 14) each time another of the same size
envelope is sent to the same printer