Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2007/03/23 13:52:31 UTC

Problem running trunk cpp unit tests under valgrind

I'm having problems doing a default "make check"

When it gets to the stage of running the unit tester with valgrind I
get:

==27736== FATAL: can't open suppressions file '/.vg-supp'

It seems that I need to have $abs_srcdir set to correctly find .vg-supp,
but no part of the bootstrap/configure/make process sets it. It looks
like in this config it's the same as $abs_builddir, but my lack of
familiarity with autotools lets me down here, and I can't see where to
go with this.

I'm assuming this is a very simple fix for those that know what to do,
else I will put it in Jira

Andrew

Re: Problem running trunk cpp unit tests under valgrind

Posted by Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net>.
Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm having problems doing a default "make check"
>
> When it gets to the stage of running the unit tester with valgrind I
> get:

> ==27736== FATAL: can't open suppressions file '/.vg-supp'
>
> It seems that I need to have $abs_srcdir set to correctly find .vg-supp,
> but no part of the bootstrap/configure/make process sets it. It looks
> like in this config it's the same as $abs_builddir, but my lack of
> familiarity with autotools lets me down here, and I can't see where to
> go with this.
>
> I'm assuming this is a very simple fix for those that know what to do,
> else I will put it in Jira

Hi Andrew,
Are you using automake-1.10?
I think that type of problem arises when using a version of automake
that's too old.  After running ./bootstrap, I get this:

    $ grep abs_srcdir M*
    Makefile:abs_srcdir = /work/rh/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp
    Makefile.in:abs_srcdir = @abs_srcdir@

Similar for tests/M*.