Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2020/04/25 21:10:47 UTC

Node.js board agenda tool on Windows

On a lark, I got this up and running.  No WSL.  No VM.

In addition to the normal installation oddities, the notable differences:

*) I had to use a bash shell instead of PowerShell or command.exe.

*) I had to adjust the agenda parse code to deal with CRLF.

*) MS Edge browser doesn't work.

While I believe each can be addressed over time, I don't believe that
they are a impediment to development.  If you use the same browser and
IDE, there essentially is no difference between developing on Linux,
MacOS or Windows.

Full details here:

https://github.com/rubys/whimsy-board-agenda-nodejs/blob/master/WINDOWS.md

- Sam Ruby