Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/14 23:28:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] [DELTASPIKE-10] "metadata implementations and utils"

fyi: please check [1] before you answer.

[2] provides a short introduction as well as the basic usage.

the basic concept:

We're talking about the implementations and utilities provided by Solder at
https://github.com/seam/solder/tree/develop/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/solder/bean.
There's really too many to list here, but the general idea is there are
quite a few implementations of Bean, InjectionPoint, Producer,
ObserverMethods, etc. that are available to use so we don't have to create
new ones each time, or create anonymous instances. There's also a couple of
fluent API builders in there as well that are handy.

please send
+1, +0 or -1 because...
for the basic idea
if there are >basic< objections, please also add them to [3]

If we like the idea we'll probably need to go through each class and do a
vote for that class / concept.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/7yefspfuvtz4jvmp
[2]
https://github.com/seam/solder/tree/develop/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/solder/bean
[3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/SE+Feature+Ranking

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer
Open Source Advocate

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: [DISCUSS] [DELTASPIKE-10] "metadata implementations and utils"

Posted by Antoine Sabot-Durand <an...@sabot-durand.net>.
+1

I'm also interested in the coming talk about Generic Beans.

Antoine SABOT-DURAND

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
The DefaultBean annotation should go into core-api, but the Extension and the actual impl should be shipped with an own jar because it will not be needed anymore with CDI1.1 compatible containers and containers which don't have the CDI-1.0 BDA stuff enabled.

Not sure about the Forwarding stuff, actually didn't get what it does ;)

+1 definitely for BeanBuilder and most important:

+1 for AnnotatedTypeBuilder!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.