Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com> on 2001/04/18 11:53:05 UTC

Poll: ECS screens in Jetspeed 1.3a1

Quick user poll for the upcoming 1.3a2 release:

Is there anybody right now still using the ECS based screens/layouts/navigations
in Jetspeed 1.3a1 instead of the template based ones ?

If nobody manifests, I propose to remove them from the Jetspeed 1.3a2 release as
well as all the related JR.p keys. This would mean Jetspeed 1.3a2 would only be
distributed with JSP and Velocity templates although custom ECS screens will still
be supported as long as Turbine supports them.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris

Re: Poll: ECS screens in Jetspeed 1.3a1

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:

> Santiago Gala wrote:
>
>> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>>

>>> Quick user poll for the upcoming 1.3a2 release:
>>>
>>> Is there anybody right now still using the ECS based screens/layouts/navigations
>>> in Jetspeed 1.3a1 instead of the template based ones ?
>>>
>>> If nobody manifests, I propose to remove them from the Jetspeed 1.3a2 release as
>>> well as all the related JR.p keys. This would mean Jetspeed 1.3a2 would only be
>>> distributed with JSP and Velocity templates although custom ECS screens will still
>>> be supported as long as Turbine supports them.
>>>

>> The Admin stuff is using them a lot. I am planning to move the admin
>> objects to beans or similar objects, to use them with pull and templates.
>>
>> So break them at will :) I will reconstruct with the new infrastructure
>> (as a test of it).
>>

> I'm just talking about the screens and layouts not the ECS based portlets that will
> stay for at least this release. I don't think we should remove anything we can't
> provide at least equivalent functionality in the release.
>
> All the Admin portlets can be used in a PSML based portal page, like in the customized
> 'admin' user screen.

True. I was lost in my thoughts when I answered :)

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.