Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/21 04:55:08 UTC

MR3 1.4 released,

We are pleased to announce MR3 1.4 and MR3 App.

1.
We have backported over 600 patches to Apache Hive 3.1.

https://github.com/mr3project/hive-mr3

This repository is maintained as part of developing Hive on MR3, but can
also be used for building Apache Hive (by ignoring the last two commits).
This repository can be useful to those who want to maintain their own fork
of Hive 3.1.2.

2.
MR3 App is a web-based interface for running Hive on MR3 on Kubernetes.
After specifying configuration parameters, you can run Hive on MR3, Apache
Ranger, Grafana (with Prometheus), MR3-UI (with Timeline Server), and
Superset for BI. For running Hive on Kubernetes, MR3 App is the easiest
way. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :-)

https://mr3docs.datamonad.com/docs/app/
https://app.datamonad.com

3.
For the release notes, please see: