Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/12 00:28:20 UTC

Fortress Binary Distribution

I've put together a basic Fortress 1.2 binary distribution.  It
includes all the basic Excalibur libraries, a couple sample scripts
for running Fortress, and an example app from fortress/examples.  It's
not perfect, but it's a start.

More info is on the wiki at:
  http://wiki.apache.org/excalibur/FiveMinuteTutorial

Right now, I'm hosting it on my apache account.  If people think this
is useful, I'd like to see it actually released.

By the way, I'm here at ApacheCon now and at the hackathon is anyone
wants to collaborate.

--
  jaaron

Re: Fortress Binary Distribution

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.
Aaron,
    I took a look at the sample today and noticed that the Instrument
config file was still
using altrmi.  I updated it to make use of the HTTP based interface and
registered the
instrument to count the number of times the dialog is translated.

    Problem is that I am not currently able to build it for some reason.
Running maven dist gets me:
xdoc:jelly-transform:
    [echo] Generating
D:/Apache/Excalibur/fortress/platform/target/docs/cvs-usage.html from
D:\Apache\Excalibur\fortress\platform\target\generated-xdocs\cvs-usage.xml
    [echo] Generating
D:/Apache/Excalibur/fortress/platform/target/docs/dependencies.html from
D:\Apache\Excalibur\fortress\platform\target\generated-xdocs\dependencies.xml
org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: C:\Documents and
Settings\leif\.maven\cache\maven-xdoc-plugin-1.8\plugin.jelly:360:43:
<x:parse> Error on line 110 of document
file:/D:/Apache/Excalibur/fortress/platform/target/generated-xdocs/dependencies.xml
: The reference to entity "secid" must end with the ';' delimiter.
Nested exception: The reference to entity "secid" must end with the ';'
delimiter.

    Before I start digging into it, hopefully someone knows what he
likely cause is.
The URL in the generated dependencies.xml file does not have its &
characters
escaped.  But I am not sure where that URL is being defined.  The url is not
being set in the deployment that you put up.

Cheers,
Leif