Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kevin Lindsey <ke...@kevlindev.com> on 2002/05/13 21:12:04 UTC

feColorMatrix and values attribute

Hello,

I've run into a problem with feColorMatrix.  If I leave out the values attribute, batik 1.5b2 reports that the attribute is required; however, the DTD shows that it is implied.  I checked with the SVG 1.0 spec and see that default values are deteremined for this attribute based on the type attribute.  This appears to be a bug in Batik and I didn't see it reported in the bug database.

One other thing...can anyone submit bugs or is it better to bring topics up on one of the Batik lists first?

Thanks,
Kevin
KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com

Re: feColorMatrix and values attribute

Posted by Kevin Lindsey <ke...@kevlindev.com>.
Thierry,

> You are right, Batik complains only if the type is 'matrix'. I have
> also discovered another bug - the default value of the 'values'
> attribute was wrong for type 'hueRotate' and 'saturate'.
>
> Everything is fixed now. I will commit the change today.

Wow, that was fast :-) ... one of the advantages of open source.

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
I've run into a problem with feColorMatrix.  If I leave out the values
attribute, batik 1.5b2 reports that the attribute is required; however, the
DTD shows that it is implied.  I checked with the SVG 1.0 spec and see that
default values are deteremined for this attribute based on the type
attribute.  This appears to be a bug in Batik and I didn't see it reported
in the bug database.
  You are right, Batik complains only if the type is 'matrix'. I have also
discovered another bug - the default value of the 'values' attribute was
wrong for type 'hueRotate' and 'saturate'.

  Everything is fixed now. I will commit the change today.

 One other thing...can anyone submit bugs or is it better to bring topics up
on one of the Batik lists first?
  Feel free to add bugs directly. We go through the list quite often, see if
the bug is valid or not, modify the priority or status or simply fix it :)

  Thanks for your feedback,
  Thierry.