Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mayank Garkoti <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/06 10:45:39 UTC

How do I retry processing a message from a certain point back or an entire route but process something before redelivery

There is a topic already present " </a> <http://How do I retry processing a
message from a certain point back or an entire route> " but this does not
answer my question fully.

How can I process something before redelivery on the same. I want to process
something on exception in second route but then retry the entire route. Is
this possible?

My Code: Sample Format

from("direct:start")
    .to("mock:a")
    .loop(3 times)
    .to("direct:sub")
    .to("mock:c");

onException(Exception.class) // unauthorised exception in second route
handles here
    .maximumRedeliveries(2).onREDelivery(new MyProcessor());

from("direct:sub")
    .to("mock:b"); //exception occured here

It is retrying from the first route but not doing anything on redelivery.