Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org> on 2019/03/26 00:50:22 UTC

Name Change to Apache Flagon (Incubating) and Fun Stuff

Hi Folks,

Haven’t heard from General RE other steps we need to take prior to moving our assets to the “Flagon” namesake. So, I’ve put in tickets to INFRA to initiate the name change. If you’re curious, ticket is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18100 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18100>

Fun Stuff:

1. We need some art. If you all have some free time and want to doodle, please sketch out what YOU think our logo should be. Likely, we’ll keep the art on the website (our website is awesome), and the font. But, we could use a new logo. Ask yourself, what kind of Flagon are we? Here’s a google image search for Flagons.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flagon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE3piCx57hAhXrnuAKHQCDBzMQ_AUIDigB&biw=1228&bih=666 <https://www.google.com/search?q=flagon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE3piCx57hAhXrnuAKHQCDBzMQ_AUIDigB&biw=1228&bih=666>

2. I’d love some thoughts a new tagline. "Instrument Software: Understand Humans” is super slick, but its pretty serious, pretty academic. Any other thoughts on something, maybe with a bit more whimsy, are totally welcome.

3. Swag. I’m thinking real hard about this. Beyond the obvious and the historical—bottle openers, coasters, and flagons—what do you think our name should be on?

That being said, give a +1 to this email and you’ll receive a tshirt. It won’t be our new tagline, but it will read:

I Drink

+

I know things about users

Apache Flagon

[This is happening]

Re: Name Change to Apache Flagon (Incubating) and Fun Stuff

Posted by Laura Mariano <la...@gmail.com>.
Small please :) I will think about logos...

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@apache.org>.
Sry, should have asked:

Posted by Laura Mariano <la...@gmail.com>.
+1 !!!!!!