Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by So...@misys.com on 2005/12/26 07:32:31 UTC

Problem with WS-IF

Hi Guys,

  In case of Java Binding, does WS-IF support declaring a method with type
Object as parameter and WSDL declares it to be a subclass?

  For example,

  package samples;

  public class Service{

            public String invoke(Object dataObject){

                        Customer customer = (Customer)dataObject;

                        .

            }

  }

  The WSDL file defines as

<wsdl:binding name="JRulesBinding" type="tns:JRulesPort">

            <wsdljava:binding/>

            <wsdlformat:typeMapping encoding="Java" style="Java">

                        <wsdlformat:typeMap typeName="xsd:string"
formatType="java.lang.String"/>

                        <wsdlformat:typeMap typeName="tns:CustomerObject"
formatType=" samples.Customer" />

            </wsdlformat:typeMapping>

            <wsdl:operation name="processJRule">

                        <wsdljava:operation

                        methodName="invoke"

                        parameterOrder="customerObject"

                        methodType="instance"

            returnPart="returnData"/>

                        <wsdl:input        name="reqMessage"/>

                        <wsdl:output      name="resMessage"/>

            </wsdl:operation>

 </wsdl:binding>

I hope you understand what I am intending to do. It's having one class
serving multiple WSDLs with different parameters.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Appreciate your time,

~Soumen.