Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Smitha Rajiv <sm...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/31 07:31:47 UTC

Querying from solr shards

Hi All,

Currently i am using solr legacy distributed configuration (not solr cloud,
single solr server with multiple shards).

I need to write a query to get one particular document (id specific) from
one shard and all documents from other shards.

Can you please help me to get this query right.

Thanks & Regards,
Smitha S

Re: Querying from solr shards

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
That would be two separate queries, one specifying a single core, and the
other specifying all cores.

Or, if that one ID is unique to that core, just combine the two queries as
an OR.

If not unique, try to find some field query that would make it unique. If
even that is not unique, then you do need separate queries.

-- Jack Krupansky