Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/08 08:13:53 UTC

Hotfix release for CALCITE-3347 ?

Hello Calciters,
in HerdDB community we are have recently upgraded Calcite to 1.21.0 but we
are getting feedback from downstream project about a bad problem with
subqueries with bind variables.

The issue is tracked as CALCITE-3347
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3347

This is the issue on HerdDB bug tracker with the details
https://github.com/diennea/herddb/issues/479

Current master of Calcite 1.22.0-SNAPSHOT works perfectly.

Is there already a plan for 1.22.0 or a perhaps an 1.21.1 hotfix ?

Best regards
Enrico

Re: Re: Hotfix release for CALCITE-3347 ?

Posted by Haisheng Yuan <h....@alibaba-inc.com>.
According to the mailing list, I think Andrei Sereda is the release manager for next release.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c6fba3f6585139ba6919baf71835d32eeea8ca187621aa5c06a26f8c@<dev.calcite.apache.org>

- Haisheng

发件人:Francis Chuang<fr...@apache.org>
日 期:2019年10月10日 04:57:20
收件人:<de...@calcite.apache.org>
主 题:Re: Hotfix release for CALCITE-3347 ?

The last release was in mid-September, so if we follow our current
cadence of roughly 2-3 months per release, the next release would be in
November/December.

We currently don't have a release manager for the next release [1].

Usually, we don't do patch releases for Calcite, so we tend to bump up
the minor version (the next release will be 1.22.0). It does not make a
material difference, for example, we had Avatica 1.14.0 followed by
1.15.0 after 2 weeks due to a show stopper bug.

I think if someone wants to be release manager for 1.22.0, it should be
possible to have a release out in the next couple of weeks.

Francis

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@calcite.apache.org:lte=1y:release%20manager

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.