Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by qbase <qb...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 12:58:50 UTC

Unable to svnadmin load an edited dumpfile

I've been following these instructions:
http://alephzarro.com/blog/2007/01/13/subversion-move-migrate-split/
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.filtering

I've split a repository which works fine when I load it with svnadmin.
But if I try to edit the dump file and make the project as root I am
unable to load it into my new repository.

I run step3 in alephzarros guide like this
sed -e "s/Node-path: projects\//Node path: /" < proj1.dump > proj1-fixed.dump
sed -e "s/Node-copyfrom-path: projects\//Node path: /" <
proj1-fixed.dump > proj-fixed2.dump

vi proj-fixed2.dump ## delete Node-path: projects...

svnadmin load /srv/www/repos/proj1/ < proj1-fixed2.dump
<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 4
svnadmin: Unrecognized record type in stream

It seems like it's the "sed -e..." part that causes my problem. I 've
skipped the VI part with the same results.

Any ideas on how to solve or get around this problem? I'm running
Subversion Version: 1.3.2-3ubuntu2.

//qbase

Re: Unable to svnadmin load an edited dumpfile

Posted by Ingo Schmidt <ic...@der-ingo.de>.
Hi!

> sed -e "s/Node-path: projects\//Node path: /" < proj1.dump > proj1-fixed.dump
> sed -e "s/Node-copyfrom-path: projects\//Node path: /" <

As Flavio already pointed out, those 2 sed commands are just very
wrong. He already told you how to fix them and combine them into one.

> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 4
> svnadmin: Unrecognized record type in stream

Again Flavio had a good idea. Is this sed on cygwin maybe? In that
case, call sed with an additional "-b" switch. That will cause sed to
NOT convert DOS line endings to unix line endings.

Cheers, Ingo =;->

Re: Unable to svnadmin load an edited dumpfile

Posted by Flavio Stanchina <fl...@stanchina.net>.
qbase wrote:
> I run step3 in alephzarros guide like this
> sed -e "s/Node-path: projects\//Node path: /" [...]
> sed -e "s/Node-copyfrom-path: projects\//Node path: /" [...]

Well... Are the missing hyphen between 'Node' and 'path' and the turning
of 'Node-copyfrom-path' into 'Node path' just typos you made while
writing your mail, or did you actually do that to your dump?

Some side notes:

Anchor the match to the beginning of lines for additional safety, and
use # rather than / as the delimiter to avoid the need to escape real
slashes:
  sed -e "s#^Node-path: projects/#Node-path: #" [...]

Also note that you can run sed just once by using multiple -e options:
  sed -e "s/1/2/" -e "s/a/b/" < proj.dump > proj-fixed.dump

> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 4
> svnadmin: Unrecognized record type in stream
>
> It seems like it's the "sed -e..." part that causes my problem.

You're running sed on Windows, perchance? I've been doing this kind of
editing on Linux and I've never had problems.

--
Ciao, Flavio