Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mike Zatko <mz...@boscovs.com> on 2004/06/28 14:38:29 UTC

[betwixt] Question

I'm new to betwixt. I like it, but I'm having trouble figuring out how
to do things because of documentation and apparently massive refactoring
in the library.
What I am trying to do is map a simple String property to an attribute
instead of an element. This is shown on the following link under 'Other
XMLIntrospector Settings':

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/guide/binding.html

Unfortunately, there is no such class called SimpleTypeMapper or Binding
in either the 1.0 alpha or .5 releases. How do I implement this behavior?

Thanks for any help.

Re: [betwixt] Question

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi mike

there's quite a bit in flux at the moment. there are certain
infrastructure issues which are holding the actual final posting of the
0.5 release. the website at the moment reflects the code in CVS HEAD
but once the 0.5 release can be officially released i intend to upload
the documentation and link it from the website. you should then be able
to find the right documentation for the version you're using.

matthew's suggestion looks about right to me but you need to be used
the CVS HEAD version.

- robert

Re: [betwixt] Question

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Mike Zatko wrote:
> I'm new to betwixt. I like it, but I'm having trouble figuring out how
> to do things because of documentation and apparently massive refactoring
> in the library.
> What I am trying to do is map a simple String property to an attribute
> instead of an element. This is shown on the following link under 'Other
> XMLIntrospector Settings':
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/guide/binding.html
>
> Unfortunately, there is no such class called SimpleTypeMapper or Binding
> in either the 1.0 alpha or .5 releases. How do I implement this behavior?

Off the top of my head, I think it's something like:

BeanWriter writer = new BeanWriter();
writer.getBindingConfiguration().setAttributesForPrimitives(true);