Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Andre <an...@fucs.org> on 2017/05/01 23:17:24 UTC

[CALL FOR ACTION] Peer reviews & testing of new code

Dev,

Those following the git commit log probably noticed that there has been a
lot of action by some of the developers behind some significant
improvements in 1.2.0.

As these developers get busy I would like to remind the rest of the list
about importance of our contribution around code review and *testing* of
[proposed] changes to the NiFi code base.

So long history short. No matter if you have committer privilege to the
NiFi git, you can still contribute to this great community.

You can still contribute by providing extra testing of the introduced code
(I am myself running SNAPSHOT in prod-like conditions with the new
provenance WAL and it is so fast that I reckon you should be doing the
same...).

You can contribute by helping with the peer review process. [1]

So if you have some cycles available and is keen be more active in our
vibrant community, feel free to get involved!

Cheers!

[1] I admit that some of these PRs is daunting to the non-initiated (myself
included), but trust me when I say that some are perfectly within reach of
those that are familiar with NiFi and have also dealt with things like:
HDFS, Azure Cloud, Websockets, etc etc etc. (To be honest, sometimes the
contribution may be as simple as spell checking!!)

Re: [CALL FOR ACTION] Peer reviews & testing of new code

Posted by Joseph Niemiec <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing out that *contributions *of Reviewing code are still
valid and that its not a *committer *only job!

--
Joseph