Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kaustubh shinde <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/04 00:06:16 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi error

Hi,
I am kind of new to apache.
I have configured my server to execute the files in .../cgi-bin/ directory.
when i m trying to test the scripts with test.cgi stored in the above
directory i get a nessage
"Premature end of script headers"
I have given the a+rwx permissions to the test.cgi file as well as the
parent directories.
I am stuck here and will really really appreciate some help.
Thank you,
Kaustubh

Re: [users@httpd] cgi error

Posted by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com>.
At 06:06 PM 3/3/2004, kaustubh shinde wrote:

>I have configured my server to execute the files in .../cgi-bin/ directory.
>when i m trying to test the scripts with test.cgi stored in the above
>directory i get a nessage
>"Premature end of script headers"

That's good in that it seems you have configured the server to run cgi's.

>I have given the a+rwx permissions to the test.cgi file as well as the
>parent directories.

Your error does indicate that it ran, so permissions appear good.

>I am stuck here and will really really appreciate some help.

Kaustubh, the first thing I'd look at is the script. Could be for instance
that the shebang (first line) is wrong. Also you could be getting this kind
of error if you're running suEXEC and something is not right on those
permissions. How about posting back with the results of attempting to run
the script from the shell? And checking the suEXEC log if this applies to
your server would be a good idea as well.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml