Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manuel Doninger <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/25 15:29:08 UTC

Increment Project-Version at build with Maven and Hudson

Hello,
I use Hudson with Maven for building my Java Application. I have one
Maven project, where i want to increment automatically the version of
the project in the pom-file everytime when a Hudson-build runs. The
Maven-Release-Plugin isn't suitable in this case because i don't use
Snapshot-versions of that project. I know the Maven-Versions-Plugin
and its set-goal, but there i have to declare explicitly the new
version, as far as i understand the function of that goal..
Is there any other Maven- or Hudson-Plugin which can i use?

Regards,
Manuel

Re: Increment Project-Version at build with Maven and Hudson

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Why not follow the maven way, leave the version in SCM as a SNAPSHOT, and
let hudson do the releases for you... If you object to maven-release -plugin
effectively running the build twice, then switch the preparationGoals to
"validate"

- Stephen

---
Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes are a direct result
of using swype to type on the screen