Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ezsra McDonald <ez...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/16 03:31:41 UTC

Large replica files in /tmp

Greetings

I assume this has to do with the import of 300+k entries to my LDAP. What
do these mean? Do they have to be in /tmp? Can I put them somewhere else?

-rw-r--r--  1 apacheds apacheds         0 Jun 15 20:32
replica2007608221525362157.sorted-data
-rw-r--r--  1 apacheds apacheds         0 Jun 15 20:32
replica2007608221525362157.sorted-data.db
-rw-r--r--  1 apacheds apacheds 685559808 Jun 15 20:45
replica2007608221525362157.sorted-data.lg

ADS M20

--Ez

Re: Large replica files in /tmp

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Ezsra McDonald <ez...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Ezsra McDonald <ezsra.mcdonald@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Ezsra McDonald <
> >> ezsra.mcdonald@gmail.com>

> The
> >> into
> >> I am
> increased.
> >> >
> >> the files with extension ".sorted-data" are created while searching
> with a
> >> sort control
> >> and these files will be deleted when the associated cursor gets closed.
> >>

> > To make sure I understand, these were not created by the replication
> > process but by a query? I may have opened a browser on my People OU with
> > 300k entries it it. Would this cause he sorted-data files?
> >

> >> And something is not right and these files are still hanging around, was
> >> the server
> >> stopped using ctrl+c ? or are you running server on windows?
> >>

> > When I saw the file system was full I stopped ADS.

> the
> >> >
> >> the best way is to compare the contentEntryCsn on the base entry of each
> >> partition
> >> I planned to write a CLI to do this, but it still remained in the TODO
> >> list.
> >>

> > I'll take a look at contentEntryCsn, thanks.
> >

> I could not find the contentEntryCsn attribute but I did find entryCSN.

sorry, it is contextCsn (no 'Entry')

> This seems to be an index or something. What am I looking for? I made a
> change to a user's e-mail address. The change was replicated but this value
> stayed the same.

just look at the root entry of the partition, for example dc=example,dc=com

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Large replica files in /tmp