Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au> on 2009/09/06 03:25:12 UTC

Trunk Build Error - geronimo-jetty7-jee5 assembly?

Hi,

I am not able to build the geronimo-jetty7-jee5 assembly due to the
following error:

      [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xalan.transformer.SerializerSwitcher.switchSerializerIfHTML
(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;Lorg/
apache/xml/serializer/Serializer;)Lorg/apache/xml/serializer/Serializer;
      [java]     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.startElement
(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:1044)
      [java]     at org.apache.xml.serializer.TreeWalker.startNode
(TreeWalker.java:359)
      [java]     at org.apache.xml.serializer.TreeWalker.traverse
(TreeWalker.java:145)
      [java]     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform
(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:390)
      [java]     at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.GShellCommandRegistration
$Layout.save(GShellCommandRegistration.java:276)
      [java]     at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.GShellCommandRegistration.main
(GShellCommandRegistration.java:158)

I am using maven 2.0.10 (tried with maven 2.2.1)  with JDK 1.6 (tried
with JDK 1.5) with a clean repo.

Any clues so that I can try to reproduce a problem with form
authentication + WADI clustering?

Thanks,
Gianny

Re: Trunk Build Error - geronimo-jetty7-jee5 assembly?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I've never seen this problem.  I'm assuming you are trying to build
the entire server with the same jdk?  I have run into problems
switching from java 6 to java 5, even when using java 5 class file
format, because some added operations in java 6 classes get added to
serialized GBeanInfos; however this looks like a very different kind
of problem.

I guess if you can't figure out what is going on you might comment out
the affected code since it doesn't look like it would be involved in
the wadi problem you are looking into.

thanks
david jencks