Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by lf...@danb64.com on 2006/04/18 21:32:01 UTC

Log4Net 1.1.1 Documentation?

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of the Log4Net 1.1 Manual?  I found the API documentation in the ZIP file, but that isn't very helpful for a newbie like me trying to learn how to use and configure Log4Net.  Also, I found the Log4Net 1.2 Manual online, but I'm not sure what all the differences are between 1.1.1 and 1.2.  The reason I'm using 1.1.1 is that the product I'm working on is a commercial product, and so far as I know 1.1.1 is the most recent non-Beta release available.  I don't feel comfortable using a beta version of anything in a commercial software product.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

RE: Log4Net 1.1.1 Documentation?

Posted by Dean Fiala <df...@celadonlabs.com>.
We've been using 1.2.9 beta in production web enviroments with 0 issues.
One of the design features of Log4Net is that it fails silently.  In other
words, if it has a bug, it won't crash your app, it just won't log as
expected.  This can be a bit maddening when you've set up a config file
wrong, but it beats the alternative.

Posted by lf...@danb64.com.

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.