Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Srinivas Yerram <sr...@motivitylabs.com> on 2014/11/22 18:33:46 UTC

UIMA framework annotators multiple languages support clarifications

Dear Sir / Madam,

My core use cases are related to email data parsing, which are in different templates and in different languages. Which I need to extract useful information through UIMA annotators or any other plugin components. Scalability and clustering is high priority in my use case.

I would like to get clarification on apache UIMA framework as mentioned in below:

Whether UIMA framework annotators or any plug-in components will support for multi-language(like English,French,Arabic,Chinese etc) to parse the email contents ?

Whether can I integrate Stanford NLP  libraries can be used as a plugin for apache UIMA framework components ?

I will appreciate for any quick response on this. Thanks

Regards,
Srinivas Yerram

Re: UIMA framework annotators multiple languages support clarifications

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 23.11.2014, at 14:27, Srinivas Yerram <sr...@motivitylabs.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much Richard for your response.
>
> I have couple of question on apache UIMA features as ....
>
> 1.Does apache UIMA support for multi languages(non English like Chinese,French,Arabic  etc..)  text analysis ?

Apache UIMA is language agnostic. It depends on the actual components if and how multi-language support is realized.

E.g. the DKPro Core components look at what language a document is in and then try to automatically
load a suitable model for processing the document.

> 2.Does have any official documentation to integrate Stanford NLP with apache UIMA framework ?

If non-Apache counts also as "official", then maybe this one:

https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/StanfordCoreComponents

> 3. Does have any official documentation info on openNLP with apache UIMA framework ?

http://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.5.3/manual/opennlp.html#org.apche.opennlp.uima

Cheers,

-- Richard

RE: UIMA framework annotators multiple languages support clarifications

Posted by Srinivas Yerram <sr...@motivitylabs.com>.
Thank you so much Richard for your response.

I have couple of question on apache UIMA features as ....

1.Does apache UIMA support for multi languages(non English like Chinese,French,Arabic  etc..)  text analysis ?

2.Does have any official documentation to integrate Stanford NLP with apache UIMA framework ?

3. Does have any official documentation info on openNLP with apache UIMA framework ?

I appreciate for any response on above clarifications.

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas Yerram

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,