Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/03/29 15:06:03 UTC

investigating a hot-fix procedure

I fixed a bug in the CDE (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-364 ).  I'd like to get this
fix out to users quickly, since
it's making the CDE fail for some simple actions like adding a new type
to the type system.

I asked mentor Ken if we could do some kind of hot fix process, in
addition to getting this fix into our next normal release.  Something
like building a replacement Jar and making it available on our download
site.  He thought this would be OK but is asking on i.a.o list to see
what others think.

-Marshall

Re: investigating a hot-fix procedure

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 3/29/07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> I fixed a bug in the CDE (see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-364 ).  I'd like to get this
> fix out to users quickly, since
> it's making the CDE fail for some simple actions like adding a new type
> to the type system.
>
> I asked mentor Ken if we could do some kind of hot fix process, in
> addition to getting this fix into our next normal release.  Something
> like building a replacement Jar and making it available on our download
> site.  He thought this would be OK but is asking on i.a.o list to see
> what others think.

Marshall,

Sounds like the Incubator PMC is on board and waiting to give us quick
approval.

Sounds like we need to make an SVN tag that includes the base 2.1.0
release plus only your changes and do a build.

Then the Incubator PMC would like us to rename the jar file before
posting it for download.  Unfortunately the jar name is mentioned in
the plugin manifest as well.  Does releasing a zip file of the CDE
plugin make more sense?  Then we can update its version number
appropriately.

Let me know if you need any help.

-Adam