Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/02/01 15:58:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc6

Hi everyone,
The next RC of core Java UIMA framework, RC 6, is ready for testing.

RC 5 had bugs in the impls of PositiveIntSet, CasCopier, and the JSON serialization.

RC 4 had some mistakes in the CasCopier, and the Eclipse build for the Kepler level that were fixed in this release.

RC 3 had a multi-threading problem and never got posted... RC 4 fixed that and
improved performance in a couple of areas.

Verses 2.6.0, this version has lots of changes. These are summarized in the
README and RELEASE_NOTES. The list of changes in Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.7.0SDK%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

The source and binary zip/tars and the Eclipse update site are staged to
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.7.0-rc6

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1046

The SVN tags are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.7.0/

and for the Eclipse Update Site:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-eclipse-update-site-2.7.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to test
release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc6

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
ping?  need one more binding vote :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Checked signatures - OK

Built from source - OK

Ran UIMA-AS extended tests - OK

Ran documentAnalyzer - OK

Checked LICENSE and NOTICE - OK

Checked docs - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Re: [VOTE][CANCEL] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc6

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Burn found a bug in the snapshot iterators, which I just confirmed with a
trivial test case.  The new test creates an iterator over an index which is
empty.  In that case, the snapshot iterator incorrectly says it's valid and the
get() operation returns null.

So, I'm cancelling this vote; I'll put in a Jira for this.

-Marshall