Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com> on 2002/03/21 00:22:08 UTC

Re: [VelStruts] StrutsHtmlTool gone?

Anthony said:
> How will this affect attempts to migrate from Struts with JSP and taglibs
to Struts and Velocity?

if anything it should help.  the new vel-struts tools offer more and better
functionality.  however, i think what will mostly help you is more/better
documentation on how to make that migration.  sadly, i'm wholly unqualified
to do this (at least at this point) as i've never used Struts/Jsp.

> This isn't really an issue I am facing myself as a user of Struts, rather
it is one I am facing while trying to
> integrate the Velocity/Struts tools into JPublish.  Specifically, people
who were using things like the SelectTag from
> the taglibs will have to convert there code completly to Velocity code
when refactoring a site to use Velocity.  In the
> case of migration from JSP to Velocity using Struts, is this an issue
which will hamper migration?

i don't know anything about SelectTag, but i wonder if that sort of thing
isn't something that can be translated into a Velocimacro...  perhaps we can
put together a library of velocimacros that use the vel-struts tools to
mimic
the struts taglibs?  something like that could potentially be a big help in
making the migration from Struts/Jsp to Struts/Velocity.

> BTW, thanks for your patience on this.  Not being a Struts user a lot of
this is new to me.

me too.  i've been around Velocity for some time now, but in regards to
frameworks, i've come from Turbine land

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com