Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Muhammed Irshad <ir...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/05 06:25:42 UTC

Metron docker compose fails

Hi All,

I was trying to setup metron docker in my local machine for development
purpose. I tried the steps mentioned here
<https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-contrib/metron-docker/index.html>.
But the command `docker-compose up -d` fails with the below error. I have
tried with both latest master and 0.5.0 release tag source code. But same
issue. What am I doing wrong ? Is the documentation updated ?

`Step 3/7 : ADD ./es_templates /es_templates

ERROR: Service 'elasticsearch' failed to build: ADD failed: stat
/mnt/sda1/var/lib/docker/tmp/docker-builder890591068/es_templates: no such
file or directory `

I just commented out the line `ADD ./es_templates /es_templates` in
elasticsearch docker file then this error is gone and new one comes related
to storm.

'Step 13/32 : RUN sed -i -e "s/kafka.zk=.*:/kafka.zk=kafkazk:/g"
/usr/metron/$METRON_VERSION/config/enrichment.properties

 ---> Running in 34fe9681481f
sed: can't read /usr/metron/0.5.0/config/enrichment.properties: No such
file or directory

ERROR: Service 'storm' failed to build: The command '/bin/sh -c sed -i -e
"s/kafka.zk=.*:/kafka.zk=kafkazk:/g"
/usr/metron/$METRON_VERSION/config/enrichment.properties' returned a
non-zero code: 2
'

--
Muhammed Irshad K T
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Metron docker compose fails

Posted by Muhammed Irshad <ir...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for reverting on this Otto Fowler. Just realised the
recommended deployment method for Metron is to build a VM.