Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Pavel Zalunin <wr...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/27 16:44:09 UTC

Flume HTTP sink for binary data

Hi,

We need to send binary data to our http endpoint, I looked at built-in
sinks ( https://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#flume-sinks) and can't
find http sink. Are there opensourced implementations of such thing?

Pavel.

Re: Flume HTTP sink for binary data

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thans for input, Hari.

Jean-François - we are looking to do something either custom or as part of
Flume pretty soon (tomorrow), so there is anything you want to share that
we should work off of, please stick it in JIRA and we'll work on that
instead of something custom.  Sorry for the last minute email/push. :(

Thanks,
Otis

Posted by j....@accenture.com.

________________________________

www.accenture.com<http://www.accenture.com>

Re: Flume HTTP sink for binary data

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Re: HDFS IO error

Posted by Mike Zupan <mi...@manage.com>.
I ran into this with 1.4 and havent been able to fix it but when a datanode crashes flume seems to want to keep writing to it. I always had to restart flume for it to work again

--
Mike Zupan

Re: HDFS IO error

Posted by Ed Judge <ej...@gmail.com>.
How do I check for bad blocks?  I am now seeing this quite regularly?  I have a unique Hadoop setup in that I have 1 local datanode.  In addition I am running the flume instance within a Docker container.
I have looked at the hadoop logs and don’t see anything but INFO messages.  What could be taking more than 10 seconds?

Thanks,
Ed

On Oct 30, 2014, at 9:14 PM, Ed Judge <ej...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Ed,
>>
>> Are you saying you resolved the problem with 1.5.0 or you still have an issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Asim Zafir.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Ed Judge <ej...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies.  We are using 1.5.0.
>> My observation is that Flume retries automatically (without my intervention) and that no data is lost.
>> The impact is a) a delay of 10 seconds due to the timeout and b) a zero length file.
>>
>> -Ed
>>
>> On Oct 30, 2014, at 3:46 PM, Asim Zafir <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Please check if ur sinks i.e. hdfs data nodes that were receiving the writes are not having any bad blocks . Secondly I think you should also set hdfs roll interval or size to a higher value.  The reason this problem happens is because flume sink is not able to right to a data pipeline that was initially presented by hdfs. The solution in this case should be for hdfs to  initialize a new pipeline and present to flume. The hack currently Is to restart the flume process which then initializes a new hdfs pipeline enabling the sink to push backlogged events. There is a fix to this incorporated In flume 1.5 (i havent test it yet) but if u are on anything older the only way to make this work is restart the flume process
>>>
>>> On Oct 30, 2014 11:54 AM, "Ed Judge" <ej...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am running into the following problem.
>>>
>>> 30 Oct 2014 18:43:26,375 WARN  [SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor] (org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process:463)  - HDFS IO error
>>> java.io.IOException: Callable timed out after 10000 ms on file: hdfs://localhost:9000/tmp/dm/dm-1-19.1414694596209.ds.tmp
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.callWithTimeout(BucketWriter.java:732)
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.open(BucketWriter.java:262)
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.append(BucketWriter.java:554)
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process(HDFSEventSink.java:426)
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
>>> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:201)
>>> 	at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.callWithTimeout(BucketWriter.java:725)
>>> 	... 6 more
>>> 30 Oct 2014 18:43:27,717 INFO  [SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor] (org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.open:261)  - Creating hdfs://localhost:9000/tmp/dm/dm-1-19.1414694596210.ds.tmp
>>> 30 Oct 2014 18:43:46,971 INFO  [agent-shutdown-hook] (org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor.stop:79)  - Stopping lifecycle supervisor 10
>>>

>>> The following is my configuration.  The source is just a script running a curl command and downloading files from S3.

>>> a1.sinks = k1

Re: HDFS IO error

Posted by Ed Judge <ej...@gmail.com>.

Re: HDFS IO error

Posted by Asim Zafir <as...@gmail.com>.
Ed,

Re: HDFS IO error

Posted by Ed Judge <ej...@gmail.com>.

Re: HDFS IO error

Posted by Asim Zafir <as...@gmail.com>.

HDFS IO error

Posted by Ed Judge <ej...@gmail.com>.
[...]

I’ve proposed a patch in version v0, to be commented. I’m still working on improvements, but it could be used as-is I think.

Link of the JIRA and patch: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2524

Your comments are more than welcome.
Jean-François Guilmard

Posted by Behram Khan <be...@gmail.com>.