Posted to users@flex.apache.org by chris_d_k <ck...@christiankiefer.de> on 2016/01/16 22:25:13 UTC

Windows 10 for Air/Flex ... Astoria

I found the thread https://forums.adobe.com/message/7980207#7980207 ... does
anyone know if it will be possible in the near future to get Flex/Air-Apps
on a windows phone?

Kind reards

Chris

Re: Windows 10 for Air/Flex ... Astoria

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/16/16, 1:25 PM, "chris_d_k" <ck...@christiankiefer.de> wrote:

>I found the thread https://forums.adobe.com/message/7980207#7980207 ...
>does
>anyone know if it will be possible in the near future to get Flex/Air-Apps
>on a windows phone?

We already have examples of FlexJS creating Cordova/PhoneGap apps.  So
far, we've successfully run them on Android and IOS phones.  AIUI,
Cordova/PhoneGap can create apps that run in Windows Phone.   It would be
awesome to have a volunteer actually try it and see if it works.

-Alex

Re: Windows 10 for Air/Flex ... Astoria

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
  I hope; but this question is better asked to Adobe that has control
over the AIR runtime.

  If AIR can create Windows Phone apps; then I'm sure Flex would work
just as well as it does on Android / iOS.

  I, personally, have given up all hope of AIR supporting Windows Phone.

On 1/16/2016 4:25 PM, chris_d_k wrote:
> I found the thread https://forums.adobe.com/message/7980207#7980207 ... does
> anyone know if it will be possible in the near future to get Flex/Air-Apps
> on a windows phone?
>
> Kind reards
>
> Chris

Jeffry Houser