Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/09/22 18:20:05 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReview" by JeremyBoynes

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremyBoynes:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReview

  ||'''Id'''||'''Ref'''||'''Comment'''||'''Status'''||'''Discussion'''||
  ||EXMPL1||Introduction||Are you sure we want to ref Jakarta Commons?||Unresolved||DVC: I think it's great to use something that's already there BDF: But are they really covering the same ground? JB: I think this is very similar||
- ||DJD1||ProductVersionHolder||I think PVH is overkill for a version on common code, why not a simple integer?||Unresolved||DJD Don't force commonality just because classes or concepts seem to be somewhat similar||
+ ||DJD1||ProductVersionHolder||I think PVH is overkill for a version on common code, why not a simple integer?||Unresolved||DJD Don't force commonality just because classes or concepts seem to be somewhat similar. JNB: PVH is overkill but an int is too simple. I'd rather see a feature mechanism. We should be concerned about coupling to common due to the versioning mechanism||