Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Luis Miguel Vicente Mosquera <lv...@aqs.es> on 2002/02/28 14:47:27 UTC

Can XIndice work in standalone mode?

Can I use XIndice to work into an applet or into a Java application, in
embebed mode,
not like a server in the same way of SQLServer, Oracle or something like
this.

Thank you.

 Luis Miguel Vicente Mosquera  AQS (Advanced Quality Solutions)
 Ingeniero Software            Jorge Juan 30, 6ª planta.
 lvicente@aqs.es               28001 Madrid.
 http://www.aqs.es        Tel. 91.578.01.27 / Fax. 91.577.76.78

Re: Can XIndice work in standalone mode?

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Thursday, February 28, 2002, at 06:47 AM, Luis Miguel Vicente Mosquera
wrote:

> Can XIndice work in standalone mode?
>
> Can I use XIndice to work into an applet or into a Java application, in
> embebed mode,
> not like a server in the same way of SQLServer, Oracle or something like
> this.

An applet is probably a bad idea, and would only work if it was signed and
granted access to the local file system. In an application it is possible.
  Try searching the archives of the user list, last week there were a
couple threads on this topic.

> Thank you.

>  Luis Miguel Vicente Mosquera  AQS (Advanced Quality Solutions)
>  Ingeniero Software            Jorge Juan 30, 6ª planta.
>  lvicente@aqs.es               28001 Madrid.
>  http://www.aqs.es        Tel. 91.578.01.27 / Fax. 91.577.76.78

Kimbro Staken - http://www.kstaken.org - http://www.xmldatabases.org
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org
Senior Technologist (Your company name here)