Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Fang Wong <fw...@salesforce.com> on 2016/01/08 23:53:44 UTC

Kafka cluster

Hi,

I have a kafka cluster of 8 servers, but only 4 of them are up, the other 4
are down.
when I started my app server, some time it still tried to connect to the
kafka servers which are down, since the kafka server is down, my app server
couldn't start.
Not sure why it doesn't just try to connect the kafka servers which are up?
Kafka cluster doesn't handle this gracefully?

Thanks,
Fang

Re: Kafka cluster

Posted by Fang Wong <fw...@salesforce.com>.
Hi Liquan:

The application server is using both producer and consumer, the
bootstrap.servers are configured with the 8 kafka servers.

Thanks,
Fang

Re: Kafka cluster

Posted by Liquan Pei <li...@gmail.com>.