Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jakub Stransky <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/21 14:56:31 UTC

Kafka consumer offset reset

Hello,

just recently migrated to using Kafka 0.10.1.0

I would like to reset position for some consumers. I went through
documentation and couldn't spot it how to achieve that. All what I got is
that v 10 reduces usage of zookeeper and clients have possibility to use
different storage for maintaining the offsets.

Could someone more experienced elaborate a bit on this topic?

Thanks
jakub

Re: Kafka consumer offset reset

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jakub,

Maybe you're interested in feature that's not yet available but is being
proposed and discussed (on dev ML) for future - see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-122%3A+Add+Reset+Consumer+Group+Offsets+tooling

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.

Posted by Robert Quinlivan <rq...@signal.co>.