Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net> on 2019/03/13 20:53:47 UTC

Localization bundles

Hi all,
where can I find the 3rd zip file donated from Oracle? Is is accesible to
the public?
I'm interested, because if it includes the localization bundles, it
shouldn't in principle be a difficult task to transfer them to their
corresponding places in the GitHub repo.
Boris

--
Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Festnetz: +49 4205 315834
Mobil: +49 170 6137015

Re: [platform-dev] Localization bundles

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Great, thanks for the research!

Gj

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Sure, the question should be "Are you interested in translations AND ready
to contribute?" (and pay more to get more chocolate...)
Boris

Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> schrieb am
Di., 26. März 2019, 12:43:

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Boris,
thanks for tackling this issue.

Dne sobota 16. března 2019 15:18:20 CET, Boris Heithecker napsal(a):
> Hi all,
> I'm preparing a pull request now for the localisation bundles from the 3rd
> donation. I've made only slight changes to build.xml found in the folder.
> A once-existing build target for the multilingual edition has obviously
> been discarded as long ago as in NetBeans 7.2,

The L10N stuff would certainly need more love. It was an afterthought, mostly
ignored (not needed) by developers of NetBeans. As such the scripts could get
out of sync. For example the NetBeans 10 restructured its sources to per
cluster layout - that may also influence the L10N stuff a lot and nobody
(certainly not me) was thinking of the impact on L10N bits.

> but there are work-arounds
> to create a localised IDE, or localise a platform app. It  mostly involves
> manually copying and zipping, so it's simple.

The goal should be to press F11 (type ant build) somewhere and have the
changed JAR copied to the appropriate place. So, subsequent "ant tryme" uses
the changes.

> Everything else is critical
> because it means interfering with the existing build tasks of the whole
> platform.
>
> If desired, I'm ready write a short instruction on how the localisation
> bundles can be used with the current sources.

PR is #1 thing. Instructions #2. Then the discussion can start.

From what I hear it seems we want to merge the L10N files into the main

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Awesome and very much desired!

Gj