Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jeffpuro <je...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/06 18:10:08 UTC

Adding additional information using MVN eclipse:eclipse

I need to add additional information into my project files that
"eclipse:eclipse" generates.  Is this possible to do using the eclipse
plugin for maven?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Adding additional information using MVN eclipse:eclipse

Posted by jeffpuro <je...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, the problem with using the classpath method is some tools (specifically
jrules) has its own plugin editor using eclipse and it uses the
<project></project> reference tags to define its own project dependencies.
i'm not sure if i remove these, and add in a classpath entry to a jar,
whether it will be able to locate the resources it needs...

Thanks,

-Jeff

Salman Moghal wrote:

> [...]
> dependancy can be established by listing additional projects under the
> <projects></projects> XML block of .project file.
>
> Given MyProject1 and MyProject2, and MyProject1 depends on MyProject2,
> .project file may look like below:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <projectDescription>
>  <name>MyProject1</name>
>  <projects>MyProject2</projects>
> </projectDescription>
>
>  Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to do add project
> references
> using maven-eclipse-plugin.
>
> However, the correct way, IMHO, would be to use a classpath entry to
> establish inter-project dependancies.  WTP resource .classpath defines
> these
> daependencies, e.g. for MyProject1, .classpath will look something like
> this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <classpath>
>  <classpathentry combineaccessrules="false" kind="src"
> path="/MyProject2"/>
> </classpath>
>
> If you have properly constructed the Maven project dependancies in
> pom.xml,
> maven-eclipse-plugin will generate the correct depedancy in .classpath
> file
> for you.  So given MyProject1 and MyProject2 and corresponding POM files
> below, .classpath for MyProject1 should contain a dependancy reference for
> MyProject2:
>
> MyProject1 > pom.xml:
> <project>
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <groupId>org.mytest</groupId>
>   <artifactId>MyProject1</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0</version>
>   <packaging>jar</packaging>
>   <build>
>     <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <!-- Configure Maven JAR plugin -->
>         <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>           <archive>
>             <manifestEntries></manifestEntries>
>           </archive>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>   </build>
> </project>
>
> MyProject2 > pom.xml:
> <project>
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <groupId>org.mytest</groupId>
>   <artifactId>MyProject2</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0</version>
>   <packaging>jar</packaging>
>   <dependencies>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>org.mytest</groupId>
>       <artifactId>MyProject1</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0version>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
>   <build>
>     <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <!-- Configure Maven JAR plugin -->
>         <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>

>>> if you want to overwrite certain maven-eclipse-plugin configs for

Posted by jeffpuro <je...@yahoo.com>.