Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch> on 2006/08/08 00:42:17 UTC

SMIL problem: SVG Fireworks - org.apache.batik.parser.ParseException

Hi Cameron,

I tested the new SVN version with the SVG fireworks example:
http://www.carto.net/neumann/svg/svgfireworks.svg

The example fails and I get the following error message:

org.apache.batik.parser.ParseException: Unexpected character (code: -1).
        at org.apache.batik.parser.AbstractParser.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.parser.TimingParser.parseTimingSpecifier(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.parser.TimingSpecifierListParser.doParse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.parser.AbstractParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.anim.timing.TimingSpecifierListProducer.parseTimingSpecifierList(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.batik.anim.timing.TimedElement.parseBegin(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.anim.timing.TimedElement.parseAttributes(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGAnimationElementBridge.initializeTimedElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGAnimationElementBridge.initializeTimedElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGAnimationEngine$LoadListener.handleEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractNode.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.dispatchSVGLoad(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcher.run(Unknown
Source)

Any idea what the problem is?

I am animation colors and the d-attribute of the path and then
instantiate the animations with <use />

Thank you for having a look at my problem,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/

Re: SMIL problem: SVG Fireworks - org.apache.batik.parser.ParseException

Posted by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>.
thanks a lot for detecting that ";". I removed it and changed .begin to
.beginEvent and everything seems to run fine now.

I also added the "static" attribute. Don't know if that helps, but at
least on my Linux box it seems to run on reasonable speed now.

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Andreas Neumann: