Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yiping Zhang <yz...@marketo.com> on 2017/01/27 01:09:35 UTC

Question on host metrics (ACS version 4.8.0)

Hi,

I am looking at “Home > Infrastructure > Clusters > Cluster Metrics > Hosts Metrics >” page,   and I am confused by the values in the column for used CPU.

My hosts (running XenServer 6.5 SP1) have 32 cores with total of 83.10 GHz per host. On average, the CPU allocation is >100% for all hosts (I enabled CPU overprovisioning). However, at any time I checked, the reported CPU usage on Host Metrics page has always been <0.5 GHz for each host.  But in XenCenter, on each hypervisor’s Performance tab, all my hosts’ CPU usage are between 20-30% on average for all 32 cpus for allhosts, with a few hosts go as high as to 60% on average.

Therefore, I would expect on ACS’s host metrics page, each host’s cpu usage be around 15-24 GHz, rather than <0.5 GHz, that’s a difference of 30-40 folds in values.

Did I read it completely wrong somehow?  Does the used cpu values got averaged across some long time period when reported in ACS?

Yiping