Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by sa...@virtualvillage.com on 2009/01/05 02:20:49 UTC

Missing Files on Checkout

If this is really simple question, I apologise but I don’t know what to search for in the mailing list to answer this.

I have files, login.ftl would be an example, that are not being checkout out using svn co http://url.to.svn/svndirectory localdirectory
I thought perhaps this could be a problem with ignoring files but when I ran the following commands there are

$ svn status --no-ignore
I      ofbiz-trunk/bin

Running svn propedit svn:ignore .    shows:
ofbiz.jar
bin
*.patch
*.iml
*.ipr
*.iws
*.time
.settings
.project

Checking the same command in all subfolders also shows nothing. The file exists in svn as I can view it both via trac and http access to the repo.

Any ideas?

Regards
Sam

Re: Missing Files on Checkout

Posted by Jan Hendrik <li...@gmail.com>.
Concerning Re: Missing Files on Checkout
Ryan Schmidt wrote on 27 Jan 2009, 21:03, at least in part:

> Virtually none. I can't think of a circumstance where that would be
> possible. If the file is in the repository, then it will be checked
> out.

We had this issue once with SVN 1.0.  Some HTML/PHP files
were added in a working copy and seemingly committed, but would
not show up in any check out / update of the other working copies
nor could be added again.  Adding in other working copies returned
"File already exists" at commit.  Ignore was not the problem, the
repository was full with HTML & PHP files and others in that
specific commit did show up in updates, but I never found out
(asking on the list returned no reply either).  We abandoned SVN
at that point and started testing/using it again not before it had
matured to 1.2 or 1.3.  This sort of "glitch" has not happened again
or at least was not noticed.

Jan Hendrk

---------------------------------------
Freedom quote:

     Our policy is simple:
     We are not going to betray our friends,
     reward the enemies of freedom,
     or permit fear and retreat to become American policies. ...
     None of the four wars in my lifetime
     came about because we were too strong.
     It is weakness ... that invites adventurous adversaries
     to make mistaken judgments.
               -- Ronald Reagan

Re: Missing Files on Checkout

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@virtualvillage.com>.
Sorry this post is very old - was before Christmas but for some reason it didn't hit the mailing list till now.  I found the problem it was some rules in apache causing the problem.

Thanks for the reply!

Sam

On 28/01/2009 11:03, "Ryan Schmidt" <su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

On Jan 4, 2009, at 20:20, sam.hamilton@virtualvillage.com wrote:

> I have files, login.ftl would be an example, that are not being
> checkout out using svn co http://url.to.svn/svndirectory
> localdirectory
> I thought perhaps this could be a problem with ignoring files but
> when I ran the following commands there are
>
> $ svn status --no-ignore
> I      ofbiz-trunk/bin
>
> Running svn propedit svn:ignore .    shows:
> ofbiz.jar
> bin
> *.patch
> *.iml
> *.ipr
> *.iws
> *.time
> .settings
> .project
>
> Checking the same command in all subfolders also shows nothing. The
> file exists in svn as I can view it both via trac and http access
> to the repo.
>
> Any ideas?

Virtually none. I can't think of a circumstance where that would be
possible. If the file is in the repository, then it will be checked out.

svn:ignore ignores files so that they do not get added to the
repository. Once a file is in a repository, svn:ignore has no effect.

What version of Subversion is on the client and server? What OS is on
the client and server? What repository access method is being used?
Is the repository using the FSFS or BDB backend?

Could you show us the output of "svn co http://url.to.svn/
svndirectory" and also "svn info http://url.to.svn/svndirectory/
login.ftl"?

Re: Missing Files on Checkout