Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com> on 2019/09/28 20:32:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Configure description, homepage, and labels (tags) for qpid repos on GitHub

Hi folks,

a while ago, support for .asf.yaml config file was announced by the Apache
Infra team. This file, when placed in the root of a project repository,
configures various infrastructure settings which were previously handled
only by raising support tickets. One of those settings concerns the GitHub
repository metadata of the project.

Project description, homepage, and labels (tags) can be configured.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/.asf.yaml+features+for+git+repositories#id-.asf.yamlfeaturesforgitrepositories-Githubrepositorymeta-data

I've created initial proposal for such file for qpid-proton

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/193

The proposed .asf.yaml says

```
github:
  homepage: https://qpid.apache.org/proton
  labels:
    - qpid
    - amqp
    - messaging
    - library
    - apache

    - amqp-client
    - amqp-connection
    - amqp-messages
    - amqps
    - amqp10

    - c
    - cpp
    - golang
    - ruby
    - python
    - python2
    - python3
```

Current values for these fields can be seen at the repo GitHub page

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton

I'd be interested in any feedback about the description and labels fields.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk

Re: [DISCUSS] Configure description, homepage, and labels (tags) for qpid repos on GitHub

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I have just applied Jiri's PRs for the Proton and Dispatch repos with
the updates labels, since they are a good overall improvement given
some of the entirely non-applicable labels already present (all repos
had the same as the old aggregate single qpid repo) as I had commented
last week on the Proton PR.

In addition I have also just created and added .asf.yaml files for all
of our other individual git repositories, if folks want to take a look
and suggest/make any changes.

Robbie

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 at 21:32, Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> a while ago, support for .asf.yaml config file was announced by the Apache
> Infra team. This file, when placed in the root of a project repository,
> configures various infrastructure settings which were previously handled
> only by raising support tickets. One of those settings concerns the GitHub
> repository metadata of the project.
>
> Project description, homepage, and labels (tags) can be configured.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/.asf.yaml+features+for+git+repositories#id-.asf.yamlfeaturesforgitrepositories-Githubrepositorymeta-data
>
> I've created initial proposal for such file for qpid-proton
>
> https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/193
>
> The proposed .asf.yaml says

+1

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
> I've created initial proposal for such file for qpid-proton
>
> https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/193
>
> The proposed .asf.yaml says

Here's .asf.yaml for qpid-dispatch,
https://github.com/apache/qpid-dispatch/pull/577.