Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/01 07:15:38 UTC

Re: AXIS2: Rampart: Support for IssuedToken

Hi Nagi,

Yes ... Rampart does support protecting messages with IssuedTokens.
But this is not available with the parameter based configuration.
Suport for issued tokens is available with the new policy based
configuration which uses WS-SecurityPolicy.

Right now we do not automatically obtain the token from the issuer and
we expect the client developer to provide the issued token which we
can use. One can use org.apache.rahas.client.STSClient to obtain a
token from an STS (SecurityTokenService). This token should be made
available to rampart in the options object. Please see this sample
client [1] from WSO2 WSAS[2]. You can try out this sample in the
latest 2.0 release of WSAS [3]

Thanks,
Ruchith

p.s. Please subscribe and post rampart related questions to the
rampart-dev@ws.apache.org list

[1] http://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/wsas/java/modules/samples/sts-sample/src/org/wso2/wsas/sample/sts/client/Client.java
[2] http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java
[3] http://dist.wso2.org/products/wsas/java/2.0

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: AXIS2: Rampart: Support for IssuedToken

Posted by Par Nagi <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ruchith,

Will give it a try.

Cheers!