Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Everton Lima <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 13:54:01 UTC

Another consistency level problem

Hello people, I was having the following problem:

I was running a single node of Cassandra, using cassandra's consistency
level ALL. My program (in java) is a B-Tree like and a node store how many
childrens it has. In every update my app do, like a insert of a new
children, it do a commit, saving the update in commitlog.  But the problem
is: when I try to recover the value of how many children a node has (when
it should answer 0) it answer 4 or 5 (not deterministic). The interesting
is that if I put a Thread.sleep(1), it works right.

Some one know why this happen? And a manner to fix it?

Since now thanks.

--

Everton Lima Aleixo
Bacharel em Ciencia da Computação

Re: Another consistency level problem

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Sounds like a problem in your code.

You will have consistent behaviour when running a single cassandra node and CL ALL.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton